10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency
February 13, 2017
As a person who likes lists, I get a sense of satisfaction from crossing items off my list. I’ve always been one to focus on productivity, so getting tasks completed as planned makes me feel productive. Of course, consistent productivity also has the added bonus of getting more things done. No point waiting for your dream job before you put in the work, work to get your dream job.
I normally keep my daily to-do list to myself, but I’ve decided to share it everyone. Here’s a list of 10 things I try to do every workday. I don’t always cross out every single item each day, but I do try my best to do so. It has worked for me, and it’ll likely work for you:
- Send two emails to catch up with old co-workers/bosses.
- Read something on business growth.
- Read something on the industry I work in.
- Read and answer all the client emails in my inbox.
- Check up on team members.
- Have a brief non-business related chat with each staff member.
- Go over my top three goals for the company’s development.
- Perform one task towards each of the above goals.
- Post fives engaging pieces of content on social media.
- Take a few minutes to reflect on my journey so far and appreciate my accomplishments.
Obviously, this list could easily be expanded, but it is a lot more manageable this way. After all, you want a list that you can actually accomplish on days you put in the effort. I perform many more tasks that are not on this list daily, but these are the tasks I consistently try to knock off.
Well, over the years, performing these tasks has helped me develop my business and career. The collective results of consistently performing these tasks, make my list well worth the effort — even on days I have to force myself.
This is my list, and you are free to use it. Of course, you can always personalize it for your career or business objectives and come up with a list of the 10 most important things you can do daily do accomplish your goals. Stick to your list, and it’s only a matter of time before you start seeing the results.
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- .NET Developer -3 Mth Contract February 23, 2017
- Senior Developer / Technical Lead February 23, 2017
- Software Support Analyst February 23, 2017
- Android Developer – 2 Mth Contract February 23, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 22, 2017
- IT Product Project Co-ordinator / Junior PM February 20, 2017
- ReactJS Developer February 17, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 16, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017