All Things API Meetup – Tue Apr 26th – A Flood of Data with Jim Moffitt @ Twitter & HipChat bot’s with Dave Clark
April 15, 2016
All Things API Meetup.Com
A Flood of Data – Geolocated Tweets and crowdsourcing for disaster management.
Tue Apr 26th 2016 – Sydney, 40 King Street, Sydney
Location: CITI Recruitment, Lv 4, 40 King Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Map here: https://goo.gl/maps/H1LfvGjMMhn
Key API Evangelists speaking on “All Things API” with:
- Topic: The talk will be about Twitter APIs and techniques for listening for signals of interest from the Twitter data firehose and its 500 million messages per day. The presentation will include several demos of the real-time network and data visualizations. The data story will focus on the role Twitter played during recent natural disasters.
- Bio: Jim Moffitt is a developer advocate at Twitter, where he helps developers and customers build amazing things with Twitter data. Before Twitter, Jim developed software for real-time weather monitoring and early-warning systems. Jim will be speaking on visualizing real-time Tweets during natural weather disasters and the benefits of data analysis after these events.@snowman
- Some of the demo material lives here: https://github.com/jimmoffitt/SocialFlood
- Topic: An entertaining hands on introduction to getting your own HipChat bot up and running with the popular open source project http://skoczen.github.io/will/ by Steven Skoczen.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daveclarkprofile
- Bio: Dave Clark is an API Specialist and SugarCRM TAM, instructor for Zend Technologies and an organiser of the Sydney PHP User Group focused on community engagement promoting SOLID design principles, “API first” development methodology and service oriented architecture.
- 5.30-6:30- Networking, Pizza & Drinks
- 6:30-7:30- 2 talks, 20+ mins on hot API topics, plus Q&A.
- Networking drinks afterwards
The Sponsors – thanks!
Founded in October 2012, Cloud Elements was built to simplify cloud application integrations and enable application developers to deliver “Cooperative Apps”.
CITI Recruitment is a multi-award winning Australian IT Recruitment Agency. They predominantly recruit within the Niche & Emerging Technology arena providing IT Talent across the Digital, XaaS, Enterprise Integration, Business Intelligence, Data, Software Development and Devops domains.
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA – Mandarin / Cantonese language skills March 25, 2017
- Pronto Developer | Melbourne March 23, 2017
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant (Korean Speaking) March 22, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) March 21, 2017
- Software Support Analyst March 20, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017