August 11, 2016
The Data Architect is responsible for the analysis and design of solutions to support business requirements for the management of information and data across the company. This can include defining best practice, and technical blueprints for an enterprise data model to enable conversion of business needs for data and information.
Technical solutions created by this role are used for maintaining and managing the ongoing developments of all infrastructure activities related to network, data and server technology to service the needs of staff.
- Responsible for developing and implementing principles, models, designs, blueprints, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information is flexible, scalable, cost effective, consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business.
- Define the standards for data interfaces between IT systems within the University.
- The Data Architect is also responsible for supporting data governance policies, data transformation, cleansing and consolidation.
- Define analytic components for use by other services, systems and/or departments to meet business needs for information.
- Account for information/database architecture solutions across hosted and cloud sourced systems used for business, teaching and research systems.
- Create maintainable, scalable ‘Extract, Transform, and Load’ (ETL) code to load and manipulate data in the data warehouse.
- Perform data clean-up, data digitisation, and data organisation responsibilities.
- Ensure functional and system design specifications meet architectural standards
- Document application and integration functionality for existing and new solutions.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of data integration technologies.
- Lead the design and specification of data architecture solutions in a heterogenous environment.
- Accredited as a Certified Process Design Engineer (CPDE).
- Detailed knowledge of enterprise application integration patterns.
- Detailed knowledge of dealing with large data, big data and Hadoop and ETL Design.
- 5 years’ experience as a Senior Developer or Architect.
- Experience in data methodologies from data warehouse, data lake, analytics tools and visualisation methods.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering an enterprise solution using standard EAI patterns.
- Strong experience in data modelling with exposure to data marts and data cubes.
- Experience with Agile Data methods including agile data modelling, agile data warehousing, enterprise business modelling.
- Demonstrated experience in applying current and emerging technology solutions to database, information management and data integration problems.
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- IT Product Project Co-ordinator / Junior PM February 20, 2017
- ReactJS Developer February 17, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 16, 2017
- Networking Systems Pre-Sales Consultant – Melbourne February 15, 2017
- Android Developer – 2 Mth Contract February 14, 2017
- Business Analyst – Short Term Contract February 13, 2017
- Android / Full Stack Developer February 9, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017