October 5, 2016
We are seeking a motivated and experienced mid to senior PHP Developer to join the technology team and help maintain and improve the current platform and infrastructure.
This is a growing team of passionate developers and designers that need more hands on deck to help them grow.
- Produce high-quality code which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
- Assist with architecting new product features and enhancements
- Participate in strategic discussions around the product direction and development
- Implement new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more efficient
- Monitor, track and communicate the progress of development projects
- Deploy and support team changes
- Research and share new development practices, patterns and standards with the team
- Support and participate in their Agile environment
- 3 to 5+ years of commercial development experience in a PHP environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- AWS or similar
- SQL and NoSQL databases (they currently use SQL Server and MySQL in our platforms but others are fine).
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID principles and engineering best practices.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability, using web service APIs, message queues, and event-driven services.
- A proven track record of delivering on successful change and improved services
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and driven to succeed
- Self-motivated person who thrives in fast moving environments
- A confident self-starter with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication skills
- A mindset that cares about the little things
- An innate ability to embrace change and actively seek it out
- Writing automated tests
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Code reviews and design reviews
- Agile Scrum / Kanban
- Ability to work in an environment with high levels of autonomy
Do you want to be a part of a growing successful business?
For questions, contact Daisy Theeman at 02 9260 4177
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) March 21, 2017
- Software Support Analyst March 20, 2017
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA with Cantonese skills – Fast Growing start-up March 18, 2017
- Mulesoft iPaaS, ESB, API Integration Developer March 14, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017