PHP Fullstack Developer
September 12, 2016
E-commerce champion is currently seeking a PHP Fullstack Developer to work in their Consumer Experience team, contributing to the definition of product features and getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams, UX and Product Managers.
This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business that is also the clear market leader. You will report to the Engineering Lead and be based in their new state of the art, top floor CBD office with a rooftop garden, overlooking Hyde Park!
- Produce high-quality code which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
- Assist with architecting new product features and enhancements
- Participate in strategic discussions around the product direction and development
- Implement new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more efficient
- Monitor, track and communicate the progress of development projects
- Deploy and support team changes
- Research and share new development practices, patterns and standards with the team
- Support and participate in their Agile environment
- 5+ years of commercial development experience in a PHP environment
- Strong and experienced engineering skills ideally with previous e-commerce platform
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- A proven track record of delivering on successful change and improved services
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and driven to succeed
- Self-motivated person who thrives in fast moving environments
- A confident self-starter with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication skills
- A mindset that cares about the little things
- An innate ability to embrace change and actively seek it out
- AWS or similar
- SQL and NoSQL databases (they currently use SQL Server and MySQL in our platforms but others are fine).
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID principles and engineering best practices.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability, using web service APIs, message queues and event driven services.
- Writing automated tests
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Code reviews and design reviews
- Agile Scrum / Kanban
If you want a great role at a great company and have the skills required, Apply Now! Any open source project work on Github/Bitbucket etc would be a huge plus.
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA – Mandarin / Cantonese language skills March 25, 2017
- Pronto Developer | Melbourne March 23, 2017
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant (Korean Speaking) March 22, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) March 21, 2017
- Software Support Analyst March 20, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017