PHP Fullstack Developer
September 2, 2016
E-commerce champion is currently seeking a Full Stack Engineer to work in their Consumer Experience team, contributing to the definition of product features and getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams, UX and Product Managers. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business that is also the clear market leader. You will report to the Engineering Lead and be based in their new state of the art, top floor CBD office with rooftop garden, overlooking Hyde Park!
You will be sent a link to our tech test platform on application, please complete as many relevant test as possible (php/js/css/html)
- Produce high quality code which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
- Assist with architecting new product features and enhancements
- Participate in strategic discussions around the product direction and development
- Implement new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more efficient
- Monitor, track and communicate the progress of development projects
- Deploy and support team changes
- Research and share new development practices, patterns and standards with the team
- Support and participate in their Agile environment
- 5+ years of commercial development experience in a PHP environment
- Strong and experienced engineering skills ideally with previous ecommerce platform
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- A proven track record of delivering on successful change and improved services
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and holds a passion to succeed
- Self-motivated person who thrives in fast moving environments
- A confident self-starter with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication skills
- A mindset that cares about the little things
- An innate ability to embrace change and actively seek it out
- AWS or similar
- SQL and NoSQL databases (they currently use SQL Server and MySQL in our platforms but others are fine).
- Knowledge of design patterns, SOLID principles and engineering best practices.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability, using web service APIs, message queues and event driven services.
- Writing automated tests
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Code reviews and design reviews
- Agile Scrum / Kanban
If you want a great role at a great company and have the skills required, get in touch via the apply button today! Any open source project work on Github/Bitbucket etc would be a huge plus.
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Operation Agent (night shift). February 24, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) February 24, 2017
- .NET Developer -3 Mth Contract February 23, 2017
- Senior Developer / Technical Lead February 23, 2017
- Software Support Analyst February 23, 2017
- Android Developer – 2 Mth Contract February 23, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 22, 2017
- IT Product Project Co-ordinator / Junior PM February 20, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017