Product Development Manager | Melbourne
September 2, 2016
- A relatively small (25 people) IT company which amongst other things develops IT security products that deal with transaction and user authentication, using a combination of mobile and server side technology.
- They have been operating since 2004 and have been profitable since inception and enjoy good year on year growth with significant annuity revenue. They are a reseller of security products and a few other niche products.
- Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and rewarding user experience. Their website is at the cutting edge of a mobile payment-driven industry.
The person will:
- Create the strategic vision for the department against company plan to hit deliverables.
- Management of development team (~10 Engineers).
- Drive engineering best-practices (unit testing, continuous delivery, etc.)
- Encourage and drive meaningful innovation
- You’ll be smart and self-confident but humble enough to know everyone is always learning.
- You will be a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial, startup attitude who is proactive and reactive.
- You are data centric, but with a healthy dose of cynicism for the results.
- 10 years’ + experience in software development
- Provide management of the development process.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect. You will have experience of managing a team of at least 10 people or more
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understand Scrum
- Able to communicate and sell your vision for the team, ask smart questions to get the best out of everyone.
- The ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Strong analytic capabilities, with track-record of using both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
Some of the technologies that you will use on a daily basis:
- Server side technologies (E.g: Java)
- Java libraries: Apache commons, Google Guava, Guice, Hibernate, Spring.
- Data Stores: Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Active Directory
- Object Oriented Languages
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- ReactJS Developer February 17, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 16, 2017
- Networking Systems Pre-Sales Consultant – Melbourne February 15, 2017
- Android Developer – 2 Mth Contract February 14, 2017
- Business Analyst – Short Term Contract February 13, 2017
- Android / Full Stack Developer February 9, 2017
- IT Suppport / Audio Visual Technician February 7, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017