Senior Cloud Engineer
September 13, 2016
I am looking for a talented Cloud Engineer to join an Australian owned technology company that specialises in systems integration and applying SOA principals to design, develop and deploy intuitive technology systems that supports their Clients business needs.
They have a successful track record in the delivery of large enterprise and mission critical systems for medium-to-large organisations across the Aviation, Travel, Government, Construction and Mining sectors.
You will be reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, but working with the delivery teams, you will be responsible for delivering and supporting a broad range of capability and services (in line with best practice) for applications and integration solutions in cloud based environments. Working in cross-functional teams you will:
- Work with clients to understand requirements
- Liaise with Solution Architects to pull together complex architectures
- Implement complex Amazon Web Services hosting environments
- Work with development teams to ensure release management practices are adhered to and support continuous integration and continuous deployment methods
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing internal and external systems to support business and project based activities that includes troubleshooting and issue resolution ensuring high level of satisfaction.
- Configuration management, monitoring and automation of operational activities.
- Working with the project and operations team in implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment within infrastructure and services.
- Working with the project and operations team to deploy internally developed Java applications and other services into production and non-production environments.
- Ensure a high level of system availability in line with SLAs and support protocols.
- Ensure systems and processes are deployed in line with internal security policies and client requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining operational and technical documentation to be used by the business.
- Hands-on systems administration that includes network, server and desktop.
- On-call support responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you must have and possess the following:
- Strong working knowledge of AWS
- 3 – 5 years experience working as a Linux administrator (CentOS, Red Hat) or Systems Administrator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients and other members of the business.
- Strong Puppet automation skills with hands-on experience in orchestrating and automating the build of virtual infrastructure environments.
- Understanding of web based applications and supporting infrastructure; Apache/Nginx, Load Balancers, Mail Servers, HA proxy etc.
- Experience in Application deployment and release management.
- Experience managing Internet systems; DNS, networking gear (Cisco etc.), firewalls etc.
- Experience in managing and deploying to Glassfish / Tomcat / WebLogic servers.
- Understanding of GIT and GIT Flow technics.
The following skills would be highly regarded:
- Database administration capability that includes configuration, monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery (Oracle, MySQL).
- Oracle SOA Suite administration knowledge.
- Network topology including vlans, routing, bridging and filtering knowledge.
- Bacula and/or other Open Source network backup type solution knowledge.
Please apply here and we will review your application. If you would like to learn more, please call Steven Harvey on 02 8070 9349.
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) March 21, 2017
- Software Support Analyst March 20, 2017
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA with Cantonese skills – Fast Growing start-up March 18, 2017
- Mulesoft iPaaS, ESB, API Integration Developer March 14, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017