Senior Data Analyst – Contract
August 18, 2016
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for the provision of accurate and consistent business data analysis, capturing data requirements pertinent to business functional requirements and assisting with the design of data-related solution components for large and complex data programs and Projects within the department. The position will also ensure that data design solution supports new development, integration and data migration from the current to new system. The position works with both internal and external delivery partners within the department. This position directly reports to the Operational Policing Program Information Architect.
• Drive the design, documentation and development of business data requirements pertinent to functional specifications using conceptual, logical and physical data models;
• Analyse the transition from mainframe system to relational database and associated applications;
• Elicit detailed system and data requirements from legacy mainframe (ADABAS/ Natural) applications to include in new open systems Data and Functional Requirements for design and development;
• Prepare designs for new Open Systems applications with the use of the function, process and data modeling tools such as Systems Architect, Enterprise Architect and/ or the Aware IM;
• Analyse existing systems data and document new systems data/ information requirement specifications;
• Understand and elicit information flow and business rules;
• Collaborate with business stakeholders and SMEs for requirements gathering and signoff;
• Analyse, understand and undertake data mapping between current and new systems for development, integration and data migration.
• Assist with the design of data-related solution components, including the volume, type, source, destination and growth requirements to ensure that Stakeholders are able to utilise the data as information in a useable format;
• Manage and develop relationships with project team members and stakeholders in order to ensure successful projects outcomes and to maintain client satisfaction;
• Adhere to all policies and guidelines including information security;
• All other tasks as directed by the Information Architect, Program Manager and/or PMO related to supporting the Program/Project;
• Required to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period
• Minimum of 5 years continuous experience of working as a data analyst; in both agile and waterfall environments for major ICT programs / projects;
• Demonstrated experience as a Business Data Analyst in the discovery of legacy mainframe application business, data and system requirements and incorporating them in new Open Systems Functional Requirements and Detailed Functional Designs;
• Demonstrated experience specific to conduct information requirements elicitation, document and confirm elicitation results, document information and process flow and verify / validate information requirements.
• Proven experience in the use of the System Architect, Enterprise Architect and/or Aware IM tools to prepare designs for new Open Systems applications.
• Demonstrated experience in business process and data models and associated standards using tools and techniques such as BPMN, Visio or System Architect;
• Demonstrated experience supporting data migration, defining data transformation and validation rules and processes;
• Advanced Stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated experience in analysing business problems, conducting gap analysis and identifying root cause;
• Demonstrated superior communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and negotiation skills with a proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end users, key stakeholders, suppliers and project team members in an environment of dynamic change and competing priorities.
Please get in touch via the apply and upload your resume today if you have the experience to match the requirements.
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Graduate / Junior Test Automation Engineer March 28, 2017
- Junior Software Developer March 27, 2017
- Full Stack Developer | Sydney March 27, 2017
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA – Mandarin / Cantonese language skills March 25, 2017
- Pronto Developer | Melbourne March 23, 2017
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017