Senior Database & Software Developer – Long term contract
September 7, 2016
Government department seek a senior Oracle/Java Database/Software developer for a large program of work.
- Develop release plans for the Passenger Information Portfolio to meet business requirements.
- Deliver the release plans to the Test Manager for final testing and implementation.
- Liaise with the Test Manager to assist and provide input into testing phases.
- Identify opportunities for system improvements and integration.
- Review and assemble work requests for the Passenger Information Portfolio Delivery team.
- Review and determine resource requirements for work requests received from the business.
- Schedule the requirements and utilisation of external development vendors.
- Undertake some business critical, ad hoc and peripheral development and enhancement work.
- Develop special diagnostic and monitoring tools for the management of Passenger Information, where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of applications development methodologies and systems development lifecycle, preferably in an Agile Development environment.
- Well-developed skills in Oracle PL/SQL programming and experience in Java based software development. – ESSENTIAL
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills. – ESSENTIAL
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Extensive experience in the planning, development, implementation and high level technical maintenance of medium to large applications.
- Experienced in developing technical specifications to business requirements.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and project management experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent industry experience.
If your experience matches the selection criteria please get in touch via the apply button with a word copy of your resume today!
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA – Mandarin / Cantonese language skills March 25, 2017
- Pronto Developer | Melbourne March 23, 2017
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant (Korean Speaking) March 22, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) March 21, 2017
- Software Support Analyst March 20, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017