Senior/Managing Consultants – DW/BI/Big Data – Melbourne
August 9, 2016
Australia’s fastest growing specialist data analytics consultancy and leading provider of Hadoop services in Australia & New Zealand are looking for senior consultants.
They help organisations use their data to achieve business outcomes and build competitive advantage. Customers look to them to reduce time to business value on data and analytics projects. Their teams achieve this through use of innovation and data engineering that help their customers not only gain valuable insights from their data but also operationalise analytics through modern data analytics platforms.
They hire some of industry’s brightest minds that are passionate about working with data and helping achieve business outcomes.
Key requirements for this role include:
- A minimum of 6-8 years experience designing and leading Data warehouse & BI teams. Any experience in Big Data environments is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Strong technical background including hands-on architecture experience with leading vendor technologies
- Proven track record in presales activities, delivery of proof of concepts and technical architecture reviews
- Ability to lead complex projects with multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to delegate effectively, and manage and lead a team of technical consultants
- Previous experience in Tier-1 consulting firms or software vendors highly desirable
It is expected that you will be a seasoned consultant with exposure to one or many of the below technologies:
Database – Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza
Integration – IBM DataStage, SSIS, Talend
Data Discovery/Visualisation – Qlikview, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire
Enterprise BI – Oracle BI EE, Cognos, Microstrategy
They are an organisation that is led by consultants. They understand that our consultants are their most important assets. Thus, they offer consultants the following:
- Opportunities to work on very challenging projects that will enable you to use your talents to their full potential.
- You will be working with the latest technologies and tools
- Personal and career development – through internal and external training, they even sponsor their own corporate Toastmasters club!
- You will be working amongst some of the most experienced and talented consultants in the industry.
They value continuous learning, advocacy and focus on customer outcomes. If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the key requirements for this role.
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- IT Product Project Co-ordinator / Junior PM February 20, 2017
- ReactJS Developer February 17, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 16, 2017
- Networking Systems Pre-Sales Consultant – Melbourne February 15, 2017
- Android Developer – 2 Mth Contract February 14, 2017
- Business Analyst – Short Term Contract February 13, 2017
- Android / Full Stack Developer February 9, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017