September 21, 2016
Data Center focused System Engineer
You are a self-driven Engineer, with an excellent pedigree of experience in the latest approaches in Storage/ Virtualization, Systems Center, AD, Windows Networking and SAN experience. One of my favorite Microsoft clients:) has asked me to kindly connect you and them together..
Based in Northern Sydney, this customer has competed successfully in the Hybrid Azure Cloud market. With an excellent team culture, of interested people, they seek you to be the next addition to the team due to progressive company growth. Can you imagine working with a team who is friendly toward each other and work? have a sense of humor;) and provide a warm culture in the team environment?
The backgrounds that will be most suitable, will come from a Uni degree in ICT. The ball-park of experience would fetch, at least 7 years of experience in the Engineering field, where managing and working concurrently on multiple assignments/projects is your thing. This organization is a Microsoft Gold Partner, so accreditation with Microsoft (or VMware) will score you points, and have proven experience in working with a Systems Integrator/Consultancy, implementing data center solutions will be the ideal project exposure we are asking from people to deliver on.
What qualifies for an interview?
- Proven knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2, including Clustering and Hyper-V virtualisation
- System Center Suite 2012 R2 with at least VMM and ideally SCOM
- Active Directory
- Good Windows Networking knowledge
- Basic Storage Area Network (SAN)
Additional skills that will give you an edge?
- Strong experience administering Windows Server
- Experience with IIS, and database servers such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Have a genuine interested in Microsoft data center technologies
- Be interested in scripting for the purposes of automation. You may not have used scripting previously, but you’ll know stuff like PowerShell etc.
- You should have a good understanding of network troubleshooting and will know about TCP-IP, etc.
- Understand the basics of Azure and/or other cloud technologies
- Have an understanding of Dev/Ops methodologies, or at least be familiar with the concept of Continuous Delivery & Continuous Integration
- Basic administration knowledge of Linux is a plus
This professional and leading managed services firm, will give the right person a chance to join an awesome technical team of highly competent people, where you will be encouraged to stretch your knowledge to the limits. You will have access to the latest technologies and be allocated time to learn them.
Is this you? Ping Kent Cameron @ Citi Recruitment – firstname.lastname@example.org
MD & Head of IT
I’m very proud to be the Founding Partner of CITI Recruitment. We’re an Award winning IT Recruitment Firm specialising in the Niche & Emerging Technologies. Our name is synonymous with the supply of highly skilled, hard-to-source, IT Professionals. Personally, I specialise in EAI, SOA, BPM and Executive IT Recruitment. Feel free to get in contact with me anytime to learn more about what we can do for your business or career.
Related JobsIT Jobs
- ReactJS Developer February 17, 2017
- Front End / Full Stack Developer February 16, 2017
- Networking Systems Pre-Sales Consultant – Melbourne February 15, 2017
- Android Developer – 2 Mth Contract February 14, 2017
- Business Analyst – Short Term Contract February 13, 2017
- Android / Full Stack Developer February 9, 2017
- IT Suppport / Audio Visual Technician February 7, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017