The Jarryd Hayne Plane has taken off. Will you with an MBA?
September 15, 2015
The media has gone into a Jarryd Hayne frenzy. Dubbed “The Hayne Plane”, the highly awarded rugby league player took off to America a year ago to fulfil a dream. Face a challenge. Strive towards a goal. Whatever you want to call it, he decided to step outside his comfort zone, into the unknown.
A Master of Business Administration is a universally accredited qualification recognised by employers and HR departments. It illustrates practical leadership and management skills, delivered by experts in a learning environment of your choosing.
You may ask, what does Jarryd Hayne and an MBA have to do with each other? Hayne’s career is no different to your career. It just so happens his is on a sports field and being played out on a very public stage. He decided not to be a “Hayne Train” and stay on the same old tracks for the rest of his life. He took his career into his own hands and soared to the next level.
An MBA can take your career to the next level. It might feel like as big a leap as Hayne took, but in reality it is extremely achievable. It is just those first few steps into the unknown that are the hardest. There are the common hurdles of:
- I don’t have time.
- Can I still do assignments?
- Will I be out of my depth?
- It is only for the elite.
All of these hurdles will become a distant memory once the rewarding journey of an MBA starts. Don’t get me wrong, like Hayne’s journey it will take determination, motivation and discipline. However, it will make the end result of obtaining an MBA more rewarding. The most satisfying achievements are the ones you have to work hard for.
Research confirms that those with an MBA fare significantly better in earnings, management responsibility and opportunities for promotion. MBA news stated, 84% of Global corporations are planning on adding MBA graduates to their workforce, while Australia is ranked second in the world in terms of highest paid MBA graduates (currently at 115k $US).
An MBA will allow you to:
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Mix with like-minded individuals that want to improve themselves professionally and personally.
- Enhance your employability, while being financially rewarded.
- Gain practical experience that you can apply to your career.
Our Education Partner TDP Learning are available to sit down with you and map out your future with an MBA. Click here to contact them for an open discussion.
Will your career take off like a plane? Or stay on the same old tracks like a train?
Senior Tech Talent Manager
An Irish cat living the dream in Sydney I don’t know what to tell ya! Even though I’m a long way from the homeland I’ve successfully built up 5 years of local industry knowledge specialising in emerging technologies. I have a strong JAVA and Ruby on Rails following in NSW and VIC. I also have extensive experience sourcing specialist software development teams for technology companies with highly transactional, high volume, data intensive environments. Let’s catch up for a pint, but do send me a message and we’ll see what happens!
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Oracle / MS SQL DBA – Mandarin / Cantonese language skills March 25, 2017
- Pronto Developer | Melbourne March 23, 2017
- Software Developer – .Net stack March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant March 22, 2017
- Front End Developer – Bryon Bay March 22, 2017
- ICT Support / Help Desk Assistant (Korean Speaking) March 22, 2017
- Junior Reconciliation Officer (Chinese speaking) March 21, 2017
- Software Support Analyst March 20, 2017
Related NewsCITI News
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017
- 10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency February 13, 2017
- The Secret to Winning Over Recruiters February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! 1-2 Junior Recruiters / Talent Resourcers February 9, 2017
- We’re HIRING! Recruitment Consultants in Data OR Integration February 9, 2017