10 Tasks That Will Improve Workday Efficiency
February 13, 2017
As a person who likes lists, I get a sense of satisfaction from crossing items off my list. I’ve always been one to focus on productivity, so getting tasks completed as planned makes me feel productive. Of course, consistent productivity also has the added bonus of getting more things done. No point waiting for your dream job before you put in the work, work to get your dream job.
I normally keep my daily to-do list to myself, but I’ve decided to share it everyone. Here’s a list of 10 things I try to do every workday. I don’t always cross out every single item each day, but I do try my best to do so. It has worked for me, and it’ll likely work for you:
- Send two emails to catch up with old co-workers/bosses.
- Read something on business growth.
- Read something on the industry I work in.
- Read and answer all the client emails in my inbox.
- Check up on team members.
- Have a brief non-business related chat with each staff member.
- Go over my top three goals for the company’s development.
- Perform one task towards each of the above goals.
- Post fives engaging pieces of content on social media.
- Take a few minutes to reflect on my journey so far and appreciate my accomplishments.
Obviously, this list could easily be expanded, but it is a lot more manageable this way. After all, you want a list that you can actually accomplish on days you put in the effort. I perform many more tasks that are not on this list daily, but these are the tasks I consistently try to knock off.
Well, over the years, performing these tasks has helped me develop my business and career. The collective results of consistently performing these tasks, make my list well worth the effort — even on days I have to force myself.
This is my list, and you are free to use it. Of course, you can always personalize it for your career or business objectives and come up with a list of the 10 most important things you can do daily do accomplish your goals. Stick to your list, and it’s only a matter of time before you start seeing the results.
IT Recruitment Consultant
I am a real people person and spent over a decade in language studies, coaching and sales. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature, a Master's degree in English and a PhD in Translation studies (#nerd). However, a serendipitous event got me into IT recruitment. And I’m loving it! Why? Recruiting has allowed me to leverage my passion for building and maintaining rewarding relationships with my clients while remaining challenged to find the perfect candidates and, in my case, it has also allowed me to keep updated with all the technology trends out there. I take pride in ensuring that placements are a strong match for both parties. There’s nothing more exciting than helping smart people find their next challenge. If I’m not working, I’m probably learning a new language, enjoying a glass of nice champagne or traveling. Also, I love meeting new people and learning new things, so feel free to connect and share your experience. :) If you are looking at hiring or contemplating your next career move in IT hit me up on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Systems Administrator – Linux/UNIX October 25, 2019
- Support Engineer October 25, 2019
- Account Executive October 8, 2019
- Backend Server-Side Tester September 26, 2019
- Senior Sales Executive September 24, 2019
- MuleSoft Developer September 20, 2019
- Market Data Analyst September 12, 2019
- Lead Integration Architect September 11, 2019
Related NewsCITI News
- How to nail a phone interview October 2, 2018
- Should I put my photo on my CV? August 28, 2018
- Top 5 IT interview questions and how to answer them August 28, 2018
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017