The Jarryd Hayne Plane has taken off. Will you with an MBA?
September 15, 2015
The media has gone into a Jarryd Hayne frenzy. Dubbed “The Hayne Plane”, the highly awarded rugby league player took off to America a year ago to fulfil a dream. Face a challenge. Strive towards a goal. Whatever you want to call it, he decided to step outside his comfort zone, into the unknown.
A Master of Business Administration is a universally accredited qualification recognised by employers and HR departments. It illustrates practical leadership and management skills, delivered by experts in a learning environment of your choosing.
You may ask, what does Jarryd Hayne and an MBA have to do with each other? Hayne’s career is no different to your career. It just so happens his is on a sports field and being played out on a very public stage. He decided not to be a “Hayne Train” and stay on the same old tracks for the rest of his life. He took his career into his own hands and soared to the next level.
An MBA can take your career to the next level. It might feel like as big a leap as Hayne took, but in reality it is extremely achievable. It is just those first few steps into the unknown that are the hardest. There are the common hurdles of:
- I don’t have time.
- Can I still do assignments?
- Will I be out of my depth?
- It is only for the elite.
All of these hurdles will become a distant memory once the rewarding journey of an MBA starts. Don’t get me wrong, like Hayne’s journey it will take determination, motivation and discipline. However, it will make the end result of obtaining an MBA more rewarding. The most satisfying achievements are the ones you have to work hard for.
Research confirms that those with an MBA fare significantly better in earnings, management responsibility and opportunities for promotion. MBA news stated, 84% of Global corporations are planning on adding MBA graduates to their workforce, while Australia is ranked second in the world in terms of highest paid MBA graduates (currently at 115k $US).
An MBA will allow you to:
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Mix with like-minded individuals that want to improve themselves professionally and personally.
- Enhance your employability, while being financially rewarded.
- Gain practical experience that you can apply to your career.
Our Education Partner TDP Learning are available to sit down with you and map out your future with an MBA. Click here to contact them for an open discussion.
Will your career take off like a plane? Or stay on the same old tracks like a train?
IT Recruitment Consultant
I am a real people person and spent over a decade in language studies, coaching and sales. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature, a Master's degree in English and a PhD in Translation studies (#nerd). However, a serendipitous event got me into IT recruitment. And I’m loving it! Why? Recruiting has allowed me to leverage my passion for building and maintaining rewarding relationships with my clients while remaining challenged to find the perfect candidates and, in my case, it has also allowed me to keep updated with all the technology trends out there. I take pride in ensuring that placements are a strong match for both parties. There’s nothing more exciting than helping smart people find their next challenge. If I’m not working, I’m probably learning a new language, enjoying a glass of nice champagne or traveling. Also, I love meeting new people and learning new things, so feel free to connect and share your experience. :) If you are looking at hiring or contemplating your next career move in IT hit me up on email@example.com.
Related JobsIT Jobs
- Systems Administrator – Linux/UNIX October 25, 2019
- Support Engineer October 25, 2019
- Account Executive October 8, 2019
- Backend Server-Side Tester September 26, 2019
- Senior Sales Executive September 24, 2019
- MuleSoft Developer September 20, 2019
- Market Data Analyst September 12, 2019
- Lead Integration Architect September 11, 2019
Related NewsCITI News
- How to nail a phone interview October 2, 2018
- Should I put my photo on my CV? August 28, 2018
- Top 5 IT interview questions and how to answer them August 28, 2018
- The 25 Most Disruptive Tech Trends for 2016 – 2017 February 20, 2017